Make out of range Players Neutral

This is where all Eternal War game suggestions should go.

Moderators: Bigby, Xianio

Rary
Eternal War's Undertaker (DM,Admin)

Post by Rary »

I did think of the neutral out of range years ago, but the question then was, if they are neutral, people had a hard time telling the difference between your friendly and enemy sometimes thinking that the out of range was a friendly and healed them.

But the biggest issue why this doesn't happen is spells and curse song were designed to effect any other party but your own. This was because players used to make themselves neutral just so they would avoid all the spells that used the GetIsEnemy() function. If players didn't strive to cheat the system we could do this. :)

Now I can add their level to the end of their names?
T3hRedMage
Eternal War's Mortician (PU)

Post by T3hRedMage »

Buffing out of range is already not allowed, this would imply that it is acceptable for a level 20 bard to sing for his level 7 team mates, or that it's ok for a level 13 cleric to troll around his other team mates and heal them while they are fighting level 7s and 8s.

No one typically plays a healer at all, potions being self-use, so I don't see the "big problem" there in juxtiposition to AoEs hurting effies or the dreaded AoO on a person not in your range. I think those are the big issues. I'd rather not my Mass Heal or Mass Haste, or Bard/ Curse song not hit my low level team mates or low level enemy team mates. That just makes for a sour note.